Wincro has a long history of success working on many major building projects both in the UK and internationally. Some of our latest projects include:
Barking Skills Centre
The Barking Skills Centre is the latest project to benefit from the design and supply of Wincro Masonry Support Systems for Kier Construction.
Fixing to a six storey concrete frame, Wincro’s technical team has designed a range of cost effective masonry support solutions to support the striking masonry panels, designed and engineered by Rick Mather Architects.
Chetham’s New School of Music
Wincro has been proud to supply the new Chetham’s School of Music, the largest and premier Music School in the UK. We have designed and manufactured a wide range of brickwork support systems for this attractive six-storey building with intricate details, including the project’s most striking feature, a bold five metre cantilever wall that runs the full length of one facade.
In order to minimise site delays and installation difficulties, the Wincro system was modified prior to manufacture to suit the findings of a site cavity survey. Chetham’s School of Music was designed by architect Stephenson Bell and constructed by Sir Robert McAlpine.
Royal Armouries, Leeds
Wincro designed and manufactured an extensive range of stainless steel windposts, brickwork support systems and fixing ties for the new Royal Armouries Museum, a £42.5 million purpose built museum located in Clarence Dock, Leeds, which is now home to the National Collection of Arms and Armour.
Situated close to the city centre on the bank of the River Aire the museum is among many buildings built in the same era that saw a rejuvenation of the Leeds waterfront.
The museum was built by Alfred McAlpine and designed by Buro Happold.
The following are a selection of other Prestigious Projects that have benefited from the design and supply expertise of Wincro;
- Dorchester Hospital – Designed and manufactured all stainless steel building fixings including cast-in-channel, windposts, brickwork support systems, and all fixing cramps and ties.
- Sheffield Hallam University, City Campus – Designed and manufactured stainless steel brickwork support systems, windposts, and ties.
- Heathrow Express, Terminal 1 and Terminal 4 – Manufactured and supplied stainless steel channels and tie restraint systems.
- Leeds General Infirmary – Designed and manufactured stainless steel building fixings including brickwork support, channels, ties, and other fixings.
- Coventry University Library – Designed and manufactured all stainless steel brickwork support systems, ties, head restraints, and also structural stainless steel.
- Bromley Hospital – Designed and manufactured all stainless steel windposts, brickwork support systems, ties, lintels and, head restraints.
- Craigavon Hospital, Northern Ireland – Designed and manufactured brickwork support systems.
- Spirit of the Jaguar, Chester Zoo – Designed and manufactured stainless steel brickwork support systems and ties.
- Captain Cook Square, Middlesborough – Designed and manufactured products for complex steel framed building.
- Yeovilton RAF Naval Air Station
- Buckingham Palace Road, London SW3
- Bishop Auckland Hospital
- The Circus, Manchester
- Sellafield Technology Centre
For more detailed breakdown of our previous work or to start discussing your project today, please contact one of our technical experts who will be delighted to help you.