Wincro Metal Industries Ltd is based in Sheffield and employs over 40 people. We produce a wide range of stainless steel restraint fixings, support systems, flooring, and access equipment.
We recognise that all products and services generate environmental impacts and we are committed to minimising our negative impacts and improving environmental performance.
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a healthy and safe workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and best environmental practices in all we do.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or refurbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, you need to know and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment where such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Use ISO 14001:2015 and 9001:2015 as a framework for setting environmental objectives.
Wincro strives to continuously improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
All our products are produced from stainless steel, a 100% recyclable material and we recycle all scrap to minimise waste.
Additionally, our products are value engineered to minimise material content which reduces waste and demand for raw materials.
The manufacturing and fabricating process produces virtually no waste.
Additionally, we are aware of climate risks to our business and continue to focus on adopting new ways to improve.