Wincro LBS Brick Slip Soffit System
Wincro LBS prefabricated brick slip units provide a simple, time saving solution for incorporating soffit brickwork details to the full range of Wincro masonry support systems. Considerably lighter than traditional brick slip precast concrete products, Wincro LBS can be quickly and easily mechanically fixed on site to any Wincro WSC or WSCFA masonry support system, thus reducing installation time significantly.
LBS is a lightweight, brick slip faced, prefabricated stainless steel tray unit that is manufactured off-site in a CE approved factory environment and supplied complete with bonded brick slips produced from the clients same batch of bricks ensuring a perfect match is achieved.
Changes to Approved Document B of the Building Regulations have required that brick slip products must achieve an ‘A’ fire rating for non-combustible materials for use in the external walls of residential buildings over 18 metres in height as well as in care homes, student accommodation and hospitals.
The system has been independently tested by Notified Approval Bodies to evaluate and validate the load capacity, physical performance, reaction to fire behaviour and long-term durability of all system components. Wincro LBS is suitable for use in buildings over 18 metres high and complies with Approved Document B (Fire Safety) of the Building Regulations.
Wincro LBS is manufactured in stainless steel 1.4301 (304) and is fully adjustable to provide easy, onsite adjustment.
- Considerably lighter than traditional methods.
- Significant saving on labour costs.
- Flawless joint to existing brickwork.
- 100% corrosion resistant stainless steel construction.
- Fits seamlessly with Wincro Masonry Support
- Designed and fabricated to suit any brick soffit or feature detail.
- Independently tested by Lucideon to EAD 090062-00-0404 (Heat/Rain weathering).
- Brick bond tested to BS EN 1015-12.
- Independently tested by Warringtonfire to BS EN 13501-1 (Reaction of Fire of Construction Products).
- Complies with Approved Document B: 2019 (Fire Safety) – BS EN 13501-1, A2-s1,d0 classification.
- Suitable for high rise buildings over 18m.
The following are typical LBS slip solutions, however we design and manufacture each individual products to suit the requirements of the project. All designed and manufactured in line with BS EN 1090.
- 65 x 215mm – Header bond
- 102.5 x 215mm – Rowlock bond
- 215 x 102.5mm – Soldier bond
- 65 x 102.5mm – Stretcher bond (single)
- 65 x 215mm – Stretcher bond (double)
- 65 x 440 x 65mm, 65 x 665 x 65mm – Stretcher bond (wide units)
- Specials – all sizes.
- All bond styles accommodated.
Please feel free to contact our Technical Design team to discuss your exact detail further.
Drawings supplied on order for approval prior to manufacture, together with full installation instructions.
The following is an example of a Wincro WSC LBS Brick Slip Soffit Support System specification.
All systems are designed to suit the masonry height to be supported, the cavity width and structural fixing position, together with brick soffit detail.
WSC(cavity) / (masonry height) / (fixing type) / LBS
Wincro WSC system in grade 1.4301 (304) stainless steel. System designed to suit
LBS Brick Slip Soffit unit c/w fixings. Manufactured off- site and delivered complete with
Wincro masonry support systems should be specified to suit. Click here for more information.